Each Executive Leadership Program applicant is required to provide one letter of recommendation from someone they know personally or professionally outside of their current place of work and one letter of support from her supervisor. Letters must be delivered via e-mail to email@example.com or mailed to:
National Hispana Leadership Institute
ATTN: Executive Leadership Program Selection Committee
1601 N. Kent Street, Suite 803
Arlington, VA 22209
With each letter of recommendation, please include the following information:
- Applicant's name
- Reference's name
- Reference's title and employer
- Reference's preferred mailing address
- Reference's e-mail address and phone number
Please ask each reference to include the responses to the following questions in their letter:
To learn more about the Executive Leadership Program visit the About The Program page or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity?
2. Why would you recommend this person for NHLI's Executive Leadership Program?
3. Please describe the applicant's commitment to a cause, issue or program.
4. Is there additional information you would like to share about the applicant?
5. For direct supervisor or employer: do you release the applicant from any requirements to continue contact with the workplace and/or participate actively or indirectly with her work assignments/requirements while participating in this four-week training program? If so, please explain the extent to which she would be required to do so. If not, please also state so clearly in your letter.