2012 Rising Star Awards - Call for Nominations
In 2009, NHLI created the Rising Star Awards to recognize three Latina leaders under the age of 30 for their achievements.
The 2012 Rising Star Awardees will be honored at the Rising Star Breakfast to be held at the
Executive Leadership Training Conference and Mujer Awards on December 10-11, 2012 in Washington, DC.
The conference will be held at the Mayflower Hotel,
1127 Connecticut Avenue Northwest, Washington, DC 20036, (800) 228-7697.
(Please Note: Nominator does not have to be under 30 years of age.)
- Young Latinas under 30 who have been touched by NHLI or NHLI alumnae (i.e. participated in NHLI programs, mentored by NHLI alumnae, volunteered for program or oganization connected to NHLI, etc.)
- Has achieved exceptional accomplishments
- Serves as an outstanding role model to other young Latinas
Complete form (one per nomination) and send supporting materials (newspaper clippings, any other relavent materials, etc.) to:
Rising Star Awards
1601 N. Kent St., Ste. 803
Arlington, VA 22209,
or email supporting materials to: Sara@nhli.org
by August 10, 2012.
The nomination form must address the following criteria:
1. Why is this individual being nominated for this award?
2. Describe what she has accomplished and the specific gifts and skills that have distinguished the nominee in her work.
3. Describe how the nominee's work has had a substantial impact on the Hispanic community.
4. Describe any significant obstacles overcome by the candidate.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: August 10, 2012.For additional information, visit our website: www.nhli.org.
Or contact us via email: Christine@Nhl.org, Victoria@Nhli.org, Sara@Nhli.org
or by phone: (703) 527-6007.
Back to top of Form.