For Immediate Release: Thursday, September 30, 2010
Contacts: Cheryl Aguilar; Cheryl@nhli.org; 703-527-6007; Twitter.com/NHLI
Most Prestigious National Leadership Conference to be Held in Miami
Convenes Hundreds of Latina Leaders from Across the Nation,
Gathering to Feature Regional Leaders & Presenters
***Editor’s Note: Interviews with NHLI’s spokespeople and local leaders
including accomplished alumnae of the institute attending the event are available upon request***
(Washington, DC) The National Hispana Leadership Institute (NHLI), the nation’s premier leadership organization for Hispanic women, will celebrate its renowned Executive Leadership Training Conference and Mujer Awards for the first time in Miami, FL on November 4-5.
NHLI’s conference is the premier leadership and professional development training for Latina leaders gathering hundreds each year.
In addition to two days of leadership and professional development training, inspirational speakers, networking, and more, under the theme The Latina Mosaic: Strength in Diversity, the conference will celebrate how Latinas are strengthening the social fabric of this country and making major inroads in the leadership pipeline for a growingly diverse America.
Conference highlights include:
• Cutting-edge workshops on Leadership, Executive Management, Business, and other topics
• Top-level Latina trainers and inspirational speakers
• Nonprofit management institute
• Financial town hall with Latina financial guru Julie Stav (sponsored by State Farm® Insurance Companies)
• Style branding for leaders by fashion expert Martin Llorens (sponsored by Procter & Gamble)
• Homeownership and foreclosure prevention fair with Chase and Fannie Mae
• Latina authors book fair including Leila Cobo, Executive Editor for Latin Content and Programming for Billboard and author of Tell Me Something True and Patricia San Pedro author of Dish & Tell: Life, Love & Secrets
• Youth track for college student leaders
• Celebration of Latina Leadership through the Mujer Awards. This year’s honorees Janet Murguía, CEO and President of the National Council of La Raza, Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen and business pioneer Remedios Diaz Oliver, among other outstanding leaders.
• Honoring of Rising Stars including immigration activist Gaby Pacheco from Miami; Maria Isa, a Latin hip-hop artist with a social justice message, and more.
Regional and national leaders attending the conference include the Honorable Mayor of the City of Miami, Tomás P. Regalado, Mayor; Mayor of Miami Beach, Matti Herrera Bower, NHLI’s Co-Founder and Board Chair Emeritus, Adriana Comellas-Macretti, NHLI Board Member and State Farm® Insurance Companies Executive, Maria Elena Toraño; Helen Aguirre Ferré, Publisher of Diario Las Americas; Jorge Plasencia, CEO of República; Aida Levitan, Ph.D; President of the Levitan Group, Miami Dade College’s President Eduardo Padrón, Florida House of Representatives, Anitere Flores, attorney Mikki Canton, among of scores of distinguished guests.
HOW? Interested participants may purchase individual or group registrations, and community marketplace packages at www.nhli.org/mujer.htm. Discounted rates are available until October 27.
NHLI alumnae: $300 | Individual: $375 | Students & Seniors: $175 | One day rate: $200 | Group: $1,200 for 4 registrations
[Full registration includes the following meal events: Kick-off lunch and Welcome Reception on Thursday; Rising Stars Breakfast, Leadership Lunch and Mujer Awards Gala on Friday]. Day rates are available for Thursday or Friday.
Rate includes all meal functions except gala. For more information on registration costs visit www.nhli.org/mujer.htm
Conference goers will also have the opportunity to attend the conference’s Community Marketplace/Expo featuring local, regional and national organizations, and corporations promoting their services, products and initiatives. Participants will leave the conference with the skills to be more effective executives, educators, public servants, mentors and community advocates.
WHEN & WHERE? November 4-5 at the Hyatt Regency, 400 South East Second Avenue, Miami, Florida. Discounted hotel rooms for out of state travelers are available at the Hyatt until October 1.
NHLI 2010 Conference Sponsors to date include: State Farm® Insurance Companies, MillerCoors, UPS, Southwest Airlines, The Coca Cola Company, Nordstrom, Ford, Merck, McDonalds, Anheuser Busch, Pfizer, Chase, Goya, Fannie Mae, Prudential, AARP, The Walt Disney Company, Nielsen, Nissan, Macys, and Mount Sinai Hospital, NY; Scholastic; Media Sponsors: The Miami Herald, Univision Media Partners: Diario Las Americas, Latina Style Magazine, Latina Lista.net, & PowerfulLatinas.com, CapitalWirePR, Hispanic MPR, Outreach Partners: Las Comadres for America; Latinos in Higher Ed; Media Partners Grand Central Publishing, and HACR.
Founded in 1987, NHLI has trained and empowered more than 10,000 Latina leaders from the public and private sectors who have been appointed to leadership positions in government, corporate America, nonprofits, foundations or have started their own businesses. NHLI’s mission is to develop Hispanas as ethical leaders through training, professional development, relationship building, and community activism. www.nhli.org