NOVEMBER 3, 2011
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Itzel Castillo
Office: (703) 527- 6007 Ext. 018
or @ItzelCPR on Twitter
For more information about this program visit
www.nhli.org/mujer.htm or call (703) 527-6007
NATIONAL HISPANA LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE CONVENES HUNDREDS OF
LATINA LEADERS FROM ACROSS THE NATION DURING ITS 2011 NATIONAL
CONFERENCE IN LOS ANGELES
***Editor’s Note: Interviews with NHLI’s spokespeople and local leaders
including accomplished alumnae of the institute attending the event are available upon request***
Los Angeles, CA.-- The National Hispana Leadership Institute (NHLI) convenes over six hundred Latinas, national leaders and NHLI’s accomplished alumnae at the Wilshire Grand Hotel in Los Angeles, CA on November 3-4, 2011.
NHLI’s conference is the premier leadership and professional development training for Latina leaders gathering hundreds each year. This year’s Executive Leadership Training Conference and Mujer Awards theme, Latinas Connecting Across Generations, Reaching New Heights, will offer two days of cutting- edge leadership and professional development, networking, educational and inspirational keynotes and workshops facilitated by top-level Latinas from across the country.
Regional and National Leaders attending this year’s conference include Maria Contreras-Sweet, founding chairwoman of Promérica Bank, The Honorable Gloria Molina, Los Angeles County Supervisor, 1st District, The Honorable Lucille Roybal-Allard, U.S Representative for California’s 34th Congressional District, Lillian Roybal-Rose, renowned educator and consultant and María Rita Jaramillo, External Partnerships and Advocacy at the National Education Association in Washington, DC. For more information, visit: www.nhli.org/mujer.htm.
Conference highlights include:
- Cutting-edge workshops on Leadership, Executive Management, Business and other topics
- Top-level Latina trainers and inspirational speakers like Gina Amaro Rudan, professional development expert and author of Practical Genius: The Real Smarts You Need to Get Your Passions and Talents Working for You
- Top-level educational speakers like Julie Stav, financial expert and host of radio show Tu Dinero con Julie Stav, as well as Dr. David E. Hayes Bautista, Latin and health culture expert and nationally recognized author
- HBO featured movie presentation of The Latino List followed by Q&A with film producers
- Celebration of Latina Leadership through the Mujer Awards. This year’s honorees Maria Hinojosa, NPR/PBS
Anchor and President of the Futuro Media Group, Maria Contreras-Sweet, founding chairwoman of Promérica Bank, The Honorable Gloria Molina, Los Angeles County Supervisor, 1st District, The Honorable Lucille Roybal-Allard, U.S Representative for California’s 34th Congressional District, Lillian Roybal-Rose, renowned educator and consultant and María Rita Jaramillo, External Partnerships and Advocacy at the National Education Association in Washington, DC
• Honoring of Rising Stars Elisa Perez, Teacher, District of Columbia Schools and Ivet Santiago, Executive Director, Nevada Child Seekers for their accomplishments in their communities at a young age
• Community Marketplace/Expo featuring local, regional and national organizations and corporations promoting their services, products and initiatives
• Reception & VIP shopping excursion to Macy’s Downtown LA store with special discounts available to NHLI INTERESTED IN ATTENDING? You can still register at the door. Details listed below.
NHLI Individual: $500 | Alumnae: $425 | Students $250 Seniors: $300 | One day rate: $250 (Thursday) or $325 (Friday) | FRIDAY GALA ONLY: $300 (1 Ticket) $500 (2 Tickets)
WHEN AND WHERE? November 3 and 4 at the Wilshire Grand Hotel, 930 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, California
Participants will leave the conference with the skills to be more effective executives, educators, public servants, mentors and community advocates.
NHLI Conference Sponsors to date include Anheuser Busch Companies, Chase, Chevrolet, Comcast, Direct TV, Fannie Mae, Goya, HBO, Macy’s, McDonalds, Microsoft, Miller Coors, National Education Association,
Neutrogena, Nielsen, Nissan, Pfizer, Prudential, Southwest, State Farm®, The Coca Cola Company, Univision, UPS, Vaya Mobil and Walmart. NHLI Media Sponsors to date include Capital Wire PR, Dialogo Public Relations, Hispanic Executive, Hispanic Lifestyle, Hispanic PR.com, Hispanicize, Latina Style, LATINVISION, Latism, La Opinion, Powerful Latinas.com and PR Newswire.
Founded in 1987, NHLI has trained and empowered more than 10,000 Latina leaders from the public and private sectors who have been appointed to leadership positions in government, corporate America, nonprofits, foundations or have started their own businesses. NHLI’s mission is to develop Hispanas as ethical leaders through training, professional development, relationship building, and community activism. www.nhli.org
Click here for more news and releases.