NHLI 2012 Mujer Awards - Call for Nominations Form
You are invited to nominate a candidate for the National and/or Regional Mujer Awards.
The Mujer Awards Gala will be held on December 11, 2012 in Washington, DC.
The Mujer Awards give well deserved recognition to Hispanic women who have
made significant contributions to the empowerment and well being of the Hispanic community.
Please complete and submit one form per nomination.
The National Hispana Leadership Institute (NHLI), the nation's premier leadership organization for Latinas will recognize the sustained lifetime achievements of Hispanic women who have served the Hispanic community of the United States and embody the values and philosophy outlined below:
- She is a living symbol of NHLI's philosophy "creating positive change through personal integrity and ethical leadership."
- Throughout her life, she has sustained a clear vision for the future of the Hispanic community and her life has consistently reflected that vision.
- Undaunted by difficulties, she has been faithful to herself and her beliefs and has acted with integrity.
- Through the years, she has evolved with the times and has maintained herself grounded in the present social, economic and political environment.
- She is a collaborative leader who inspires and motivated others and gets the goal accomplished.
- She understands her personal power but shares it easily with those whose lives she has touched. She values life, maintains joy, kindness, calmness and inner peace.
- This woman has empowered many others over the years through her service. She has acted with justice and deep pride in her culture.
The award will be presented at NHLI's Mujer Awards Gala on December 11, 2012 in Washington, DC, following the Annual Executive Leadership Training Conference.
Purpose of Awards
To honor the outstanding commitment and contributions made by Hispanic women to their communities and to bring national attention to the recipient's work.
- National Award: The award will honor the sustained lifetime achievement of a Latina who has made a significant contribution to the empowerment and well-being of the Hispanic community at the national level.
- Regional Award: The award will honor a Latina who has had an impact of her community with dedication and leadership. The award will bring national attention to the recipient's regional work.
The award candidate must embody the principles outlined in the nominations criteria.
Please complete this form.
If applicable, send supporting materials (nominee's bio and resume, newpaper clippings and other relevent materials to:
For additional information: Visit our website, www.nhli.org, or call (703) 527-6007, or contact us via email at Christine@Nhli.org, or Victoria@Nhli.org. The awards will be presented at the Mujer Awards Gala, following NHLI's Executive Leadership Training Conference to be held in the Mayflower Hotel, 1127 Connecticut Avenue Northwest, Washington, DC 20036, (800) 228-7697, on December 10-11, 2012.
Deadlines for Nominations are June 30th.
Back to top of Form.